Development and testing of 5G V2X technology to support autonomous driving
5G AUTO – Development and testing of 5G V2X technology to support autonomous driving
Strengthen research, technological development and innovation
- Altice Labs, S.A. (Lead Promoter)
- ALLBESMART, LDA
- Instituto Politécnico de Castelo Branco
- MRN – Manutenção de Rodovias Nacionais, S.A.
Total eligible costs
European Union funding
FEDER – COMPETE 2020: 620.757,72€
The 5G-AUTO project intends to research, develop and test innovative hardware and software solutions to support C-ITS intelligent transport services over the 5G V2X radio telecommunications infrastructure.
- A1: Project management;
- A2: C-ITS scenarios, requirements and architecture;
- A3: 5G V2X technology development;
- A4: Development of C-ITS for autonomous driving;
- A5: Pilot Integration, Implementation and Validation;
- A6: Dissemination and exploitation of results.
- Development of RSUs and OBUs equipment based on 3GPP 5G V2X technology;
- Development of MEC technology to enable advanced C-ITS services with low latency, following the ETSI architecture;
- Creation of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms for C-ITS services;
- Demonstration of results through C-ITS pilots based on 5G V2X technology.